Monday, October 29, 2007

"Googley Famous"

"Googley Famous" is a term I coined tonight. Googley famous is an adjective. It means that someone is famous according to the top 10 matches in a Google Search. Here is an example, if you Google the name "William Hertling", you come up with 9 hits for the specific person I was trying to Google and 1 hit for the person's father. It can also be a differentiator between hits on a Google search. So using the example above, the person I was trying to Google is more googley famous than his father. When I first started Googling my own name (hey, I know it is narcissistic but who hasn't done it? especially if you are reading a blog?), I was not the most googley famous person with my name. Over the years, as I have gotten more and more press, more of the top 10 Google hits are attributed to me. Now, I am the most googley famous person with my name.

No comments: