Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Business Innovation for Sustainability

Last week I didn't post because I was attending a conference in Atlanta, GA hosted by the Society of Organizational Learning. Peter Senge, of The Fifth Discipline fame, is one of the founders not only of the Society of Organizational Learning but also of its sustainability aspect. I have heard Dr. Senge speak at a variety of different conferences and it was a pleasure to hear him speak again. He is incredibly inspiring and I am aways struck by the intensity with which he conveys his thoughts and feelings. He is an amazing storyteller. The conference was entitled Business Innovation for Sustainability. One tool that was used during the conference was the World Cafe process which is a "process for leading collaborative dialogue and knowledge-sharing" per their website. Highlights were Dr. Senge's talks, Janine Benyus' talk on Biomimicry in Action, and Jeffrey Brown's storytelling.

I came away from the conference with a few action items of my own. First, I want to share some of my learnings with my bosses and colleagues. Second, I want to host a neighborhood Low Carbon Diet discussion group. Third, I want to rewrite all my notes so that I can capture all the ideas I collected while I was attending the conference.

No comments: