Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What's it called when a log jam breaks free?

I haven't blogged about "stuff" in quite a while. But that doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking about it. In fact, up until a few weeks ago, a whole corner of my basement had been filled with baby items that were going to be sold at a huge 50 family rummage sale. The sale took place on the same weekend as Ladies Rock Camp and my mother graciously agreed to sell for me (bless her heart!). The sale got rid of about half the stuff. I went through the other half this weekend and saved a couple of items (which I think I can sell on Craig's List). I didn't count the rest of the bags but if I had to guess, I would say it totaled 16 bags plus two bulky items. Yesterday, I took that whole load to Goodwill. Whew! They didn't take one thing (a bed rail) which I still need to get rid of but basically I feel a huge weight off my shoulders. I still have some "clean up" to do from the sale. I had gathered a whole bunch of containers (mostly baskets and plastic boxes) for the sale and now I need to put everything back where it belongs. Once that is done, I can move some things in my office out of the way so that W can install an outlet and a heater. Just in time for summer. Sigh...at least I will be warm next winter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they call it something like "Open those darn Floodgates!"

Which you did. Congratulations. That's very impressive. You have a will of made of steel to let all of those cute baby things go. That is one fantastic Mama! Nice of her to volunteer to sell your stuff.

Did you make any $$$ to put toward that nice cozy heater you'll be needing -- far sooner than we will here? I'm considering a trip to the North Pole for a nice long hug with a snowman right about now. It's 105 degrees outside. Love M. xoxo