Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 15: Nanowrimo

Nanowrimo

Words written so far: 25,238 total.

Impressions: Hooray! I passed the 25K mark. Only 25K more to go. Gulp. I am still enjoying my story. I have definitely been using the tips of other writers. One that I am using is the idea that if you are not enjoying what you are writing, start writing about something else. Instead of trying to write my way out of a corner, I go to a new room. It is keeping things fresh for me. I have slowed down my creation of new characters which is good (less people and spirits to keep track of). A big rescue is in the planning stages by my characters but I don't think they will get to it for a couple of days (meaning I won't write about it for a couple of days).

I told W about one of the scenes in the book and he was horrified. He was all like, "The bad guys are doing that to the good guys? You know I only like books with happy endings." Don't worry, I don't think I could write something that didn't have a happy ending (or at least a satisfying conclusion).

Stumbled across a short story by Charles de Lint that I had never read before. He is extremely inspiring.

Likelihood of finishing NaNoWriMo: I am only halfway done which is both amazing and sobering. I have had a good run of writing and my plan is to keep it up.

No comments: