Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Saving Grandma Kate's Needlepoint

Well, I am finally giving up...in a sense and replacing Grandma Kate's needlepoint on our dining room chairs with something much easier to clean. It feels like in the past 2 months there have been several near catastrophic spills by my children. It seems crazy to put these pieces of history at such risk. I have been resistant to doing this and I don't know why. I do know that it makes me smile when I see the needlepoint and I will miss it. But the replacement is just temporary. In a few years, the kids will be at a place where we can bring them back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww. sweet. bitter sweet really. Maybe you can take one, and frame it pressed between two pieces of glass and hang it in the dining room until you are ready to reinstate them. There is something to be said with regard to the durability of that wool. It's amazing that they've lasted this long. xoxoxo