Wednesday, November 14, 2007

LOST NaBloPoMo

Well, it is over. I lost NaBloPoMo. Last night I went out to a fun event (Velvet, Votes & Vino) and afterward to a fun dinner. I got home around 11:20 with plenty of time to post (and I was thinking of posting). I walked up to the door and...it was locked. I am always trying to minimize what I carry with me when I go out and I have a bad habit of not taking the house keys. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I threw shoes at our windows but there was no answer. I called our phone and W's cell phone repeatedly but there was no answer. I banged on the door (risking waking up our children) but there was no answer.

After about a half hour of trying to wake W (or my children) I went to a nearby lodge to see if there was room but there wasn't. It was REALLY cold last night and I was not looking forward to sleeping in the car. I went back to the house and tried calling and banging on the door again. At that point I was pretty much panicking (both at the prospect of sleeping in my car and losing NaBloPoMo) and randomly calling friends (none of whom answered). I tried to make myself comfortable in the car and called the house one last time. W finally answer and let me in but it was too late - it was after midnight.

I know, it is totally my fault. I take responsibility for not taking my keys and for not putting some random post up yesterday. But I am also really disappointed, too. Darn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure that is one of the funniest posts written for why someone hasn't posted their NaBloPoMo post for that day. I think the NaBloPoMo fairy will grant you a day's pass.

ering said...

I am pretty sure I won't get a pass. It is just all or nothing. But I will still continue to do a blog post everyday because it has been really fun.